Tuesday 17 January 2012

We LOVE food



Our produce of the week displayed


We figured out that ordering a box of organic vegetables a week from local farmers and having it delivered to our doorstep saves us $12 a week. 
Works for me! 
I made a chard, courgette, roasted tomato and onion quiche for dinner tonight. Delicious! 

What I love about this setup is that you only get what is seasonal and available...so dinners are creative, innovative and you simply use what you have. I find it stimulating and it saves money. I just make sure that I have ample supply of olive oil, organic brown rice, lentils, beans, flour, oats and cheese and voila! Whip up some gastronomic magic! 
We are yet to discover our favorite free-range organic chicken and meat supplier. All of the organic farms are in competition for the best, naturally and ethically raised animals. We want to go visit some of these farms and see which ones resonate with us the most. 



2 comments:

  1. Food is good.
    Wait... Are those bananas?
    Being able to grow bananas would be
    SO AWESOME!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete