Tuesday 31 January 2012


"...as Einstein said, God  does not play dice with the Universe; everything is interconnected and has a meaning.  That meaning may remain hidden nearly all the time, but we always know we are close to our true mission on earth when what we are doing is touched with the energy of enthusiasm. If it is, then all is well. If not, then we had better change direction..."
-Paulo Coelho


Mmm. Such interesting times. It would appear that I have applied for every single teaching vacancy in Wellington and always got the same response: "Sorry, we have received 65/70 applications for this job and the position has been filled."
Initially I felt despair, anxiety beyond what I've known before and even a feeling of inadequacy.

Now however, I cannot deny that this must be some sort of sign. I am left with no option but to go into the working world here and to see where I can fit in; start form the beginning, and accept that no matter what my education or experience, I need to start over. It is truly very humbling.
The moment of this realisation occurred round about 3pm yesterday, when I realised that not having received that phone call I've been waiting for, inevitably means that the last teaching job available and the last chance I had to continue my career here in Wellington this year, is now over. And funnily enough, with it came an enormous flood of relief.

I am now looking into business vacancies, predominantly in the hotel and catering industry and will apply for various posts left right and center. Russell, with his hotel experience, assures me that in this industry if you are a hard worker, show innovation and reliability, you can work your way up to a managerial position relatively quickly. We'll see. 

For now I am opening my heart, taking courage from inside, and diving head first into a new world of which I know very little about. I feel a strange excitement tingling through me and I'm sure that the extra energy it is giving me will help me be successful.

Angelina came to stay over the other night and she had a feast playing with Lola and doing crafts with me. All in all, it was a beautiful day.


































No comments:

Post a Comment