Tuesday 20 March 2012

The strangest thing has started to happen this last week...my heart has slowly started to open in slithers and I can feel the warm flowing of love and appreciation for this place streaming out on odd occasions when I least expect it. Which is very surprising, as I had no idea that my chest was so tightly clamped shut. But in these moments, the lightness of spirit and happiness I feel would overwhelm me, as their sudden appearance make their scarcity these last few months just so much more pronounced.

It is something I never paid much attention to...How, when you are in your familiar and comfortable environment, your heart is open and receptive, ready to respond to whatever stimulus it receives with enthusiasm and confidence or reluctance and nonchalance; whatever the mood of the day may be. Even daunting tasks do not look so daunting when you are surrounded by the familiar and by loved ones who help you solidify and justify your decisions and actions.
But when in an unknown place with challenges unlike any I've experienced before, my body's natural reaction seems to be to shut my heart as tightly as it can in its cage of ribs, tucking those embracing and flowing sails that reach into the world firmly away.
No wonder I've been so sad!
But I think now enough time has passed to start trusting this new environment and myself in it and I am just exhausted from unconsciously keeping the world out and myself safe. So whoop whoop! you brave heart, lets do this thing together... :)

I am starting relief teaching this week which I'm sure would prove to be a very interesting experience! Wish me luck!

The photos below are from some of the walks Russell and I did around town last week.





















No comments:

Post a Comment