Sunday 6 November 2011

A weekend at the Atlantic coast


This is the view from our tiny self catering apartment here on Topsail island. Thanks to our friend, Katherine, we found out about this quaint, rickety old motel with the most spectacular views, right on the coast of the Atlantic ocean. "Sea Vista Motel" is a place I would reccommend to anyone.

Tonight Russell and I fried a fish that we bought fresh at the fish market..the boats pull in and display their goods right there in the harbour! Made me miss Kalk Bay back home.
It has been a real treat coming here this weekend. Russell and I had a chance to reprioritise, gain perspective on things and most importantly, do research for our New Zealand residency interview coming up soon!
Now we can truly claim that we have done a coast to coast road trip here in the States.

























1 comment:

  1. Oh YAY, you had fun! I know all those angles, those points of view, that pier, that porch. It makes me happy to think of y'all there.

    Did anyone get brave enough for a quick dip in the Atlantic?

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete