Monday 23 July 2012


28 years ago today I was born in a hospital in Windhoek, Namibia. Seems like an awfully long time ago! 
I read somewhere that the first breath you take establishes your connection with the land you are born on. You take the essence of it into your body and it becomes part of your blood and life force, defining and grounding you. I feel privileged to have been born and growing up in one of the most beautiful and wild countries in the world.
Being on the complete opposite side of the world today made me think of these things.
For my birthday, I got a much needed warm winter jacket, complements of my wonderful parents-in-law, a shiatsu massage from Russell, a red rose from our garden and even a happy birthday sang to me by my beloved, with tea in bed!
I feel full and happy; I think this is what a birthday should feel like. Quiet, reflective, simple and full of love.



1 comment: